Saturday 13 November 2010

JET Personal Statement - an extract

I think that my JET Application is going okay. Here's a blast of a chunk of my personal statement so far:
The JET Programme excites me because it offers an unsurpassed opportunity to experience life in Japan whilst working in a demanding and productive position as an ALT. I am fascinated by Japan, its culture, its history and its people. This interest began at University, where I took a module in Post-war Japanese Cinema within my Postgraduate Diploma in International Cinema. I became thoroughly captivated as I found out more about the country during my studies. A placement on the JET Programme would allow me to develop a profound understanding of Japan that a tourist would struggle to attain. My time working on a summer camp in America showed me that the best way to understand an unfamiliar culture is to live as part of it. The JET Programme offers me the chance to discover Japan first-hand.
- what do you think? Any good?

No comments:

Post a Comment