Sunday 5 September 2010

False Alarm, Real Warning

“Dave, Dave, Dave, the JET application is online!”
“What? Isn’t it from late September that the forms go up?”
“It’s online! Have a look!”

My heart leapt! I rushed on to the JET UK page, as Laura had directed me, and looked around. My forehead creased. I couldn’t see it. Where, I wondered, was I supposed to be looking? I called her back to ask.

“Yeah… erm… turns out it isn’t up there actually. But there is lots of good stuff! Including a checklist of what we need to do for the application.”

Oh no! But Laura’s right about the JET UK site. Full of important information about the application process. Especially about references and academic transcripts.

To prepare your application you will need the following documents:
  • 1 completed and signed JET Programme Application Form
  • 1 completed and signed Self Assessment Medical Form
  • 1 signed and dated Authorisation and Release Form
  • 1 Statement of Physician Form (if applicable)
  • 1 Personal Statement (double spaced)
  • 1 authenticated, original academic transcript (stamped and signed)
  • 1 Proof of Degree
  • 1 Proof of Nationality
  • 2 sealed references

There's a lot to be getting on with, even before the application form comes online. And with so much to sort out, it's time to get started! O-kay, let’s-a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment